Friday, October 31, 2008

Something that happens to us



cell phone txting is silly.

Sometimes we get so many a day. As much as cell phone technology is useful and important, it creates a lot of unnecessary situations and emotions. A single txt can make you feel all things like wanted, unwanted, happy, sad, pretty, ugly, loved, and hated.

What I hate most, however, is the fact that you are forced to make a fast reply and reveal your thoughts or emotions to a person. Sometimes you need to stand back and think about what you feel. I don't want to have a gun pointing to my head and be forced to say something fast. Maybe I am the only one who feels this way. I do think, however, that there are people out there who also feel the same way about cell phones.

This made me think of a wonderful comic book series by Tove Janssen called The Moomins. They are a bizarre family of forest creatures who live somewhere not on this planet (I believe it is commonly assumed that they are on Earth). If the Moomins learned about cell phones and got their hands on them, they would go nuts. Snorkmaiden would be txting her Moomin. Moominmama would call her family to dinner.And Mymbles would fall in love with a guy through txting. I am convinced that the Moomins would find cell phones very annoying and throw them out over a cliff.

I mentioned the Moomins because I read the comic strips and they are very amusing and innovative. After reading them, I considered writing about them. While reading the last one, I was taking notes and writing. I am trying to compile all my notes into an essay. This is an exciting project for me because as much as I love Moomins, I think that writing about them will make me read closer and perhaps find new hidden meaning in them.

No comments:


Luke's Blog

Hey,

Here is my blog with random and somehow meaningful writing. I will greatly appreciate any comments. Thanks for coming here and enjoy.